Tuesday, February 12, 2013

THIS is happening RIGHT NOW!

This morning, I woke up to the news that Our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, was resigning.

I took this photo myself!!!!!
 
The first thing I thought was
"What!?! The pope's resigning? Can he do that?"
 
Apparently he can.
 
trying to zoom in on his face.
the second thing I thought was
"that is going to be ALL OVER the net by midday."
 
I was right!
 


Pope Benedict is the first pope to retire in nearly 600 years and is the oldest pope in over 200 years (He is 86 years old (ten years younger than my great-greatauntie).
 
 
He says his age and fragility makes it difficult to lead the Church.
 
I remember when Pope John Paul II died.
 
I was at school then, and when I found the pope was dead, I came home crying my little heart out.
"I don't wanna be Pope anymore, mummy!"
(i did actually say that!)
 


 
 
Pope Benedict XVI will resign as leader of the world's 1.1 billion Catholics at the end of the month, becoming the first pontiff to stand down in nearly 600 years.   
 
 
Pope Benedict XVI has surprised the world by announcing he will stand down at the end of this month because he is too old and frail to cope with the demands of his ministry.
 
 
I will post more on this WONDERFUL pope later.
Right now I have to leave for youth group.
and guess who's on my t-shirt?
Pope Benedict XVI!!!!
 
 

1 comment:

The Gem Journal said...

I was so sad he was leaving...
But our new Pope Francis is absolutely amazing!!!